7.21.2011

Happy House Hunting

We most likely found a new place to live until Maci is out of the 'woods'. It's small, two bedroom/one bath. It's right on one of the parks in Sumner. Great place for the kids! Even though it's small, I think it will work. I am excited to be able to stay at home with Maci and Makenzie for a while. Also...from a decorating stand point it will be fun to decorate something new!

Another new thing for me will be to do it completely DIY. I've always enjoyed crafting, repurposing, decorating things but have never been strictly DIY. This will be a challenge to do, but I'm looking forward to it.

I have all I need for decorating, but it's fun to get ideas to redo something that you already have.
I have a sofa and a couple of chairs that I plan on recovering with the dropcloths and maybe some burlap on the backs....will see that is the plan now anyways.

I also have some parsons chairs for the dining room I've been 'meaning' to recover for a while now. Those will need slipcovers also. The nice part about all these slipcovers is that I have the material already...and the supplies, just need the time!

Another thing is that I wont be able to paint the walls (grrrrr!!) so I just plan on adding a few pops of colors in the pillows and art work.


{Paint color BM Amsterdam AF-550...would be great for a couple of furniture pieces)

My sofa would look similar to this (not like we don't know what a white slipcovered sofa looks like)
Lots of whitish candles

I don't want to compromise the style I have now, but in a smaller space we'll need to go a little lighter and a little less!

More to follow!


~*Jessica

Images from Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good decorating plan in place. Hope you're doing okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,

    I randomly came across your blog and am now following along. Sending my prayers over to your daughter and family! ;) My family and I bought our first house and moved in last June. It's a small fixer, so it'll be awhile before we can get it 100% functional (before the decorating process). My blog is about that journey plus everything else in between. ;) Anyway, have a great day & God Bless.

    Cheers,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your feedback!! Thank you very much for taking the time to write me a note!! xo ~*Jessica