11.23.2011

Thankfulness

I'm sure all of us can find something to be thankful for.

I try to be thankful all year long, but this set aside time of year, most of us tend to be more reflective.



The Psalmist wrote:

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

It must've been so powerful that the very next verse was:

O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Yet it still was repeated again:

O give thanks unto the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Yes, and again:

O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

There is so many wonderful passages of scripture from the Bible that are dedicated to being thankful.
I hope I can be thankful for my blessings throughout the year, but especially this time of year, I have so much to be thankful for!

Here are some highlights:

I am thankful for Jesus. He has been my dearest and best friend.
I am thankful for my family. For life, health and strength.
I am thankful for my daughter, she has taught me so much {even though under some circumstances, I still am learning!!}
I am thankful for my friends and church family. What an awesome support group.
I am thankful for my heritage.
I am thankful for the ability to love and reach out to others.
I am extremely thankful for the support we've received from unknown/unnamed sources {if that makes sense!}
.... and I would never thought I would say this 5 months ago, but I am thankful to be chosen to endure this journey. What a testimony!

Today was clinic. Maci received her second dose of doxorubicin, and her normal dose of vincristine. She gets a break until next Wednesday morning from steroids.

She sure has been craving a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches! Resulting in her gaining 2.5 lbs in one week!!

Next week will be the same as today's schedule, along with following the next Monday, Dec 5th, her MRI.

I also want to thank all of you for continuing to read this blog!



Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

~*Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading your feedback!! Thank you very much for taking the time to write me a note!! xo ~*Jessica