11.30.2011

Our Christmas Living Room

This year, I banished all my reds {even in my holiday decor}. I guess I wanted to make my couch feel 'welcome' {if that's a proper saying}. For my color theme, I chose golds, bronzes and a tidge of green. I did try some white, and wasn't too thrilled with how it looked, so that all went out. 

I already posted about my mantle, with more detailed photos. In regards to the 'Parisian' twist to our mantle decor, my girls and I {thanks to me, I know} are on a huge Eiffel Tower kick. I am pretty sure it's legit, because we've been obsessed for well over a year now, and even my little one spots it out when ever {and where ever} she sees one. We were pretty excited to find the little eiffel tower statue that's sitting on the mantle {about 2 months ago} from Ross for 6.99!!

Since 're decorating' isn't a priority in our budget this year, I was proud to say I didn't spend a dime to decorate this room this year! Everything you see was pulled out of tubs, boxes, closets, off shelves, 'borrowed from another spot in the house'. 













I am in the process of 'creating' something for the dining room, I was stumped on what to do in there {with the black and white curtains} and I was super excited to find this for inspiration!!


We'll see how it pulls off! 


Linking up to {Links will work when they become available}:

Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

4 comments:

  1. Love all your cute ideas!Following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simple, serene look of your decor, Jessica! Very elegant and chic!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a girl after my heart Jess...i adore your living room. Many thanks for visiting my new blog. Now I'm a new follower and fan too!

    :) Arlene

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your feedback!! Thank you very much for taking the time to write me a note!! xo ~*Jessica